Well I used to participate in Thursday Thirteen and I recently discovered that they started it up again so I thought I’d give it a bash and my Kindle is in serious need of some appreciation.
- It fits in my handbag with no pushing or squishing.
- Thousands of books in a package smaller than one book.
- No-one can guess what I’m reading by looking at the cover.
- Reading when lying down is a lot easier since the Kindle is so light.
- The battery lasts for an age and a half before having to be recharged.
- Getting new books is easy-peasy thanks to built in wi-fi.
- I can sync my current book between my Kindle, phone and computer and pick up where I left off.
- I can try out samples of books and find new authors to read.
- I’ve had this one for two years and it’s still in great shape despite constant usage.
- If someone recommends a book, I can go check it out immediately.
- I love stroking the screen… I don’t know why.
- The dictionary function is awesome and I can look up new words simply by moving the cursor to the word.
- I can email documents and web-pages to the Kindle to read later.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!